Places to Go and Things to See

February 5, 2014

Hemp Milk

Hemp milk is a wonderful, high protein, paleo substitution for cows milk.  Not only is it delicious but it is super easy to make.  You will find hemp milk in many of my later recipe posts.

The main ingredient in this recipe is of course hemp seeds.  You buy hemp at many locations, I purchased my bag at Costco.  You will also need water and dates and vanilla are optional to flavor and sweeten the milk.  For this particular batch, I chose to add them.
Measure out half a cup of the hemp seeds.
Two cups of water.
Well, in my case a little over...it doesn't really matter if it's a little more.
Add the hemp seed, two dates (optional), vanilla a splash of vanilla extract (optional)  and water to a high power blender.
Blend on High for about 30 seconds or until it reaches milk like texture.  
Pour into a air-tight jar or container and refrigerate.


1 comment:

  1. It takes a few times to get use to, but this hemp milk is great! I have been using in a lot of my recipes!

    ReplyDelete