Places to Go and Things to See

February 6, 2014

Artichoke Tomato Egg Waffles

Good morning...or evening, or afternoon (whatever time frame you're reading this),

I have an awesome breakfast recipe for today! Delicious and W30 approved.  What more could a girl/boy ask for??  Hey! I heard that...we both know that doughnuts are not W30 approved. BUT, but this is....
The other day/week (I forgot exactly when...I cook too much) I made a chicken alfredo lasagna for my unhealthy eating family.  Little did they know, there was artichoke hearts and sun dried tomatoes in that cheesy white sauce.(well..I may have also healthifed the sauce.) Anyway, they all loved it!  
You all are probably like "what does this story have to do with the recipe??"  Well, that recipe inspired me to make these Artichoke Tomato Egg Waffles. The combination looked and sounded amazing and I had to try it somehow. Then the other day I was surfing The Gracious Pantry and just so happened to find a egg waffle recipe, and knew right then and there I was going to combine both inspirations into one glorious meal...someday. And it happened today.

  Here are the original Egg Waffles.  I know I am going to be creating more variations in the future.

Back to the recipe...
You'll need two eggs, two tablespoons of that hemp milk we made yesterday, three sun dried tomatoes, one can of artichoke hearts, and one fresh tomato.  Plus some oil for the waffle iron. (Not pictured)
Preheat the waffle iron. Crack the eggs into a bowl, add the hemp milk, and whisk.
Next finely chop the artichokes, sun dried tomatoes, and tomato.
Add the sun dried tomatoes and half the artichokes into the eggs and stir. Grease waffle iron with oil. Add the egg mixture onto the waffle iron. (I had enough for three waffles) Cook until finished, it only takes a few minutes.  Remove from the iron and place on plate. Top with the fresh tomato and the rest of the artichokes. Best served warm.
DISCLAIMER: I know the Whole30 rules state that you are NOT supposed to make thing like paleo pancakes; however, I don't not think this falls in the some category as paleo pancakes.  The only reason they are in waffle form is for convenience.

WHAT DO YOU THINK?

No comments:

Post a Comment